Sunday, April 13, 2008

Masters Notes I

The first of what will be numerous posts today as part of a "semi live-blogging" of the Masters.

- Tiger Woods has never won a major when trailing after 54 holes. I know this, because the CBS broadcasting crew has already mentioned it four times in the first half hour of the telecast. I'm no statistician, but I wonder whether this is really a meaningful statistic.

- Might as well go out on a limb here. I don't think Immleman, Snedeker, Casey or Flesch is going to win this thing. It will either be Tiger, or someone behind Tiger who plays the round of his life.

- Not a great start by Immelman and Snedeker on #1, but they seem to have settled down a bit.

- Stewart Cink with a birdie-birdie opening - could he be the guy behind Tiger who puts himself in the history books?

No comments: