Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Draft Night!

Tonight was fantasy football draft night, always among the most entertaining nights of the season. I've been in a fantasy league now for 31 years, and running my own since 1978. Some years we've had 8 teams, some years we've had 10, and for the past two years we've had twelve. That spreads the talent a little thin, puts a premium on making a good first round pick, and makes it all the more important to find the sleeper pick of the year.

Did I manage to do all of those things? Your guess is as good as mine. The group in the league now is pretty savvy, with veterans who have been around for as long as 25 years. I happen to be the defending champion, although I'd stop short of saying that I had a great team last year. But if you make the playoffs, all it takes is a little luck, and the next thing you know your name is on the trophy.

So without further ado, I present my lineup for the year. Looks OK, but ask me again in 16 weeks.

QB: Drew Brees, Eli Manning
RB: Marshawn Lynch, LenDale White, Jerious Norwood, Warrick Dunn, Deshaun Foster
R: Braylon Edwards, Tony Gonzalez, Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, Deion Branch
K: Neil Rackers
Defense/Special Teams: Indianapolis Colts

No comments: