Thursday, September 04, 2008

How Lame Am I?

So I stick with the RNC until the bitter end, listening to the pundits about 40 minutes past the point where they had anything insightful or interesting to say. So I figure it's time to peruse the sports channels, see if there's a game on somewhere.

Ah, Giants game! I'm writing some emails and catching up on my "social networking" sites, since I'm such a hip guy, but I'll keep the game on in the background just in case something exciting happens. Hey, it's not as if they're going anywhere this season, so I can do the "half-watch" thing without feeling too guilty about it.

About 7-8 minutes in...hey, this is starting to sound exciting. Wait a minute...Ellis Burks? Huh? Dusty Baker!? WTF!?!?

Yeah, you guessed it. Classic Giants game, from 2000. Only took me about 10 minutes to realize it.

Oh well. It's still preferable to the talking heads.

No comments: