Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2009 Blog Goals

Notice I didn't call them "resolutions."

The blogging may be light for a while as I try to get back into the swing of the working week (which is proving more difficult than I expected; I really hate waking up in the dark), but I do have some goals for 2009.

- Write something about every book I read in 2009. It may be just one sentence, but there will be something.

- Write something about every album I buy in 2009. Again, it may be short, but there will be something. First in the queue: Bon Iver and Blitzen Trapper.

- Write something about every movie I see for the first time in 2009, whether it be at the theater or on DVD/Blu-Ray. So far, so good...I already wrote something about Benjamin Button and Cloverfield.

- Write more about my old record collection. I've got a lot of music that's itching to be written about, if I can find the time. And I think I can.

- Finally get around to writing that essay about Warren Zevon and Johnny Cash. Look for it around the end of August.

It may not be much, but it's a place to start.

No comments: