Sunday, February 01, 2009

Last Thoughts

I was thinking of Paul Zimmerman when the Steelers were marching down the field on what would turn out to be the winning drive. Zimmerman, the great Sports Illustrated writer on pro football, had multiple strokes last fall, and has been sidelined since then. One of Zimmerman's pet peeves has always been the defense that changes the way it plays late in the game, and in the process ends up letting the other team pull it out. I was too caught up in the drama to see if the Cardinals were playing any differently on that last drive, and now I won't be able to read Zimmerman to see if they were.

But in any event, I don't want to discount the play of Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes on the last drive. They were both incredible, and such are the things of which legends are made.

Kudos for a job well done, even if I was rooting for the Cardinals.

No comments: