Thursday, February 12, 2009

Let's Make A Deal...Or Not...Or Just Keep Talking

When is a budget deal not a budget deal?

On the other side of the aisle, Senate Minority Leader Dave Cogdill (R-Modesto) is indicating that a deal has been struck but that Republican votes are not guaranteed.

"My deal, one more time, has always been that I would try my best to get it to a position where I felt it was as good as I could get and I was willing to release my members," Cogdill said in a brief Sacramento Bee interview in the hallway outside his office. "That's where I am. So I'm not guaranteeing any votes; it's up to them [his members] to make that decision."

"But I've negotiated it to the point where I think it doesn't get any better," Cogdill said.

Well, that's helpful. A "deal" with no guarantee of votes. Sounds to me like Cogdill has yet to release his own member.

No comments: