Friday, February 13, 2009

A Short Playlist for Valentines Day

1. “I Only Have Eyes For You”



The Flamingos’ version is definitive, but as a change of pace, let’s listen in on Peggy Lee.


2. “My Cherie Amour”



Simply put, I never get tired of this song. It is one of those that, upon hearing it in the car, never fails to brighten my mood.


3. “Cherish”



Sure, it’s incredibly goofy, and maybe for some even a bit creepy. I think it’s great. I will say, however, that those are some seriously dorky haircuts.


4. “Sugar, Sugar”



I was always partial to Veronica, myself.


5. “Dizzy”



OK, I admit it – I actually own this 45.


6. “I Think I Love You”



Yes, that’s right folks – The Partridge Family singing “I Think I Love You,” under a banner which reads, “Power of Women.” I really can think of nothing else to say.


7. “If I Could Build My Whole World Around You”



Sublime.

1 comment:

Mon-sewer Paul Regret said...

You're a braver man than I!