- At this point I hope that Watson's nerves are doing better than mine. The rest of the field seems intent on gift-wrapping the championship for him, but he's still got a few shots to make.
- Mike Tirico: "it's out there to take, and no one seems to want to take it."
- Watson's shot - 171 out - it's a beauty!
- Westwood from the 17th tee. Curtis Strange: "He has to do something here." At the last Open played at Turnberry, Nick Price eagled 17 to capture the Claret Jug.
- Westwood's tee shot is a disaster, nesting in what looks like a wheat field that has been let go to seed.
Could it be happening?