Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Quick Music Exercise

Courtesy of Carrie Brownstein at Monitor Mix:

Fill in the following blanks with the name of a band or musician:

1. I've had to defend my love of _____________________ over the years.

2. As far as I'm concerned, ______________________ nearly ruined music.

3. One of my favorite bass players ever? That's easy: It's _______________________.

4. If I could go back in time and dance like crazy, crowd surf or join a mosh pit, I would do that at a ___________________ show.

5. If I were to frame one album cover and put it on my wall, it would be _______________________.

Carrie's answers:

1. Jackson Browne
2. Bono
3. Dave Allen, Gang of Four
4. Kleenex
5. The Pastels' Mobile Safari

My answers:

1. Madonna
2. Rush
3. James Jamerson, Motown's house band
4. X
5. Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run (it's hanging in my office)

3 comments:

Son #2 is Awesome said...

1. COldplay
2. Bon Jovi
3. Robert Trujillo
4. White Zombie
5. Metallica's Master of Puppets

Andrea said...

1. Tie-Kenny Loggins & Dolly Parton
2. John Tesh
3. Tie-Louis Johnson & Verdine White
4. Hate to say it MJ
5. Gil Scott Heron - Reflections

Andrea said...

I forgot someone for #1 Hall & Oats. So that makes it a triple tie.