Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Unbelievable

I suppose we should all just enjoy this for the entertainment value that it's sure to add to this NFL season. What comes to mind is how Bill James always reacts when someone asks him whether it's crazy for _________ (fill in the blank) to come back for one more season when it's painfully clear that the guy's best years are long past. His reply has always been along the lines of, "Why the hell is that any of my business? If the guy wants to keep playing and some team is willing to pay him, more power to him."

So I'm going to make a pledge here (one that I may not be able to keep) that this will be the last Brett Favre post for the entire football season.

And since that's the case, I just want to go on the record and say that in my opinion, Favre is an idiot for what he's doing, and has done more damage to his reputation in the last 18 months than an athlete can do without breaking the law and/or using performance-enhancing substances.

No comments: