Thursday, October 01, 2009

Do We Really Need This Information?

During the lunch hour, I trekked to the Target Store that is closest to our office building and bought enough Halloween candy to keep my office candy dish filled up for the month of October. Looking at the packs of minis, I see that they now have detailed nutritional information on the bags, including handy little drawings that allow the consumer to easily determine the amount of calories he/she is consuming when he/she throws that little Three Musketeers bar into his/her mouth.

I suppose this is all well and good, but I have to wonder - can't we just stipulate that some things are not good for you, but that we're going to eat those things anyway? Is that nutritional information really going to help me in the decision-making process on whether to stop at two, or say to heck with it, I'm going with three Twix bars today?

It won't help me, that's for sure. And just for the record, I did not eat three Twix bars today.

No comments: