Monday, March 01, 2010

The Greatest Moment of the 2010 Olympics

Now that the game has been over for more than 24 hours, I think it's safe to say that the men's hockey final was the greatest moment of the 2010 Winter Olympics, and one of the most exciting events in Winter Olympics history. Hearing that crowd in the 3rd period reminded me of how I feel during a close game in which I really care about the outcome - that crowd was scared, knowing that the outcome was entirely in doubt and that their beloved team might actually lose.

I'm not a hockey fan, although I watch a few games every year during the Stanley Cup playoffs. But that game was something else. And even though I was rooting for the U.S. and was sorry they lost, I also felt good (and felt relief) for the Canadians. Because while that was a game we wanted to win, that was a game they had to win.

And win they did, in the most dramatic fashion possible.

No comments: