Friday, April 23, 2010

American Top 40 Flashback - "Kiss On My List"

The posting has been light this week, because...well, it's been one of those weeks at work.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for Daryl Hall & John Oates, and still own several of their albums. "Kiss on My List" is my favorite song of theirs, and the album from which it came, "Voices," was their best album. It got released in 1980, but I didn't buy it until the Spring of 1981, when I was a junior at UC Berkeley. At the time, it sounded nothing at all like the rest of the records that were in heavy rotation on my turntable - a group that included Bruce Springsteen's "The River," The Clash's "London Calling," X's "Los Angeles," and The English Beat's "I Just Can't Stop It." But I liked it almost as much, and it holds up well today.

"Kiss on My List" - the #1 song, this week in 1981.

No comments: