Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Frampton Comes Alive (again)

Even though I was never a big fan (I think I was one of the three people in the U.S. who didn't buy "Frampton Comes Alive"), Peter Frampton always struck me as a likable guy, even during that awkward period when he accidentally became a superstar and didn't quite know what to do about it.

I also know he went through some rough times and came out the other side stronger for it, and he continues to play today, the same likable guy he always was. More power to him, I say.

Having said all that, I have to admit that I found the following ad copy for his new album pretty hilarious:

Peter Frampton's Thank You Mr. Churchill Out Now!
Following his Grammy Award-winning instrumental album, 2006's Fingerprints, Peter Frampton returns with Thank You Mr. Churchill. The 11-song set, co-produced and co-engineered by Frampton, features the legendary guitarist at his most incisive lyrically as he tackles the battles that wage within us and the outside forces that rage around us. His searing guitar work flows over every song, setting the mood.

"At his most incisive lyrically?" Does that mean more profound than "Do You Feel Like We Do" and "Show Me the Way?"

"...the battles that wage within us and the outside forces that rage around us?" I mean, come on...really?

But hey, I hope the album does well, and wish him all the success in the world.

No comments: