Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bauer...Jack Bauer.

This is hell week at work, one of our two busiest weeks of the year, so I hope no one is expecting a lot in the way of original content this week.

But hey, even on days like this, I give myself a lunch break. And during said break, I had the chance to read a piece that you should also take a look at: Steven Rubio, on the final episodes of "24." It's a typically good piece, and as a bonus also links to a paper he once wrote on whether a leftist could love "24."

The only disagreement we have, and it's a minor one, is that I found Jack's cold-blooded execution of Dana Walsh more troubling than his torture of the Russian spy. Perhaps that says more about me than I really wanted to know.

Overall the season sucked, but the last few weeks have been terrific. Even Reed Diamond has done himself proud. Can't wait for the finale.

1 comment:

le0pard13 said...

I don't keep up with 24 any more, but I sometimes check in with The Bauer blog. This blogger has been writing comedic, irreverent summaries for each hour in a season of the show since 2005. Sometimes, the guy can be pretty darn funny with his take. If you're interested, take a look at the current season or look through the archives for a past favorite year of the show. It's good for a laugh. Thanks.