Thursday, May 20, 2010

Making History

I try very hard not to mix my work life with my blog life, but today I'm setting that aside. The Association I work for has filed a lawsuit against the State of California, asking the court to declare California's education finance system unconstitutional.

I've worked in the public education arena for close to 20 years now, first for the California State University system and now for the California School Boards Association. I've been blessed in my career to work with a lot of great people, but the people I work with now are truly remarkable. We've been working on this lawsuit for close to six years now, and today was a proud moment for all of us. You like to think that you're making a difference in the world, no matter what you do, and today we took a huge step towards making that difference.

Some days, you just try to make it through the day. And some days, you hit a home run. And today was one of those days.

No comments: