Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cinematic Images

My blog friend Leopard 13, from Lazy Thoughts from a Boomer, tagged me with a meme that is making the rounds right now. The assignment is simple, or perhaps not:

A gallery of images chosen by you to stand for so much of what makes Cinema such a rich and exciting medium.

The meme originated over at Checking On My Sausages, and you can see the original gallery here.

Leopard's contribution, Heroic Silhouette Images, can be viewed here.

And here is my modest contribution.






















































































3 comments:

The Awesome Man said...

Guy Pierce, some dude, Rutger Hauer, Cary Grant, Donald Sutherland, Russel Crowe, and Gregory Peck? I'm awesome

le0pard13 said...

A wonderful selection of cinematic images, Jeff! You know I recognize the Guy Pierce and Russell Crowe images from L.A. CONFIDENTIAL. The poignant scene you have of Rutger Hauer in BLADE RUNNER is a beautiful image. Cary Grant in his scene from NORTH BY NORTHWEST and Gregory Peck from TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD are just perfect. I'm pretty sure the Donald Sutherland image is from ORDINARY PEOPLE, yes? But, I can't for the life of me remember the second from the top image. Is it from AMERICAN BEAUTY? Thanks very much for participating and adding to this meme, my friend.

Jeff Vaca said...

Yes, that's Sutherland from "Ordinary People," the scene where he tells Mary Tyler Moore that he isn't sure if he loves her any more.

Second from the top is Treat Williams as Danny Ciello in "Prince of the City," the scene where he is calling his former partners to let them know that he's turning them in.