Friday, November 19, 2010

American Top 40 Flashback - Billy Swan and Ringo

It's been a while since I've done one of these...



"I Can Help," Billy Swan, the #1 song on this day in 1974. In this clip, I particularly like Bobby Vinton's jacket, Billy Swan's shirt, and the jeans being worn by the bass player. Classic 70's stuff. It doesn't seem fair to call Swan a "one-hit wonder" given what a professional he was for so many years, but I don't recall ever having heard another song by him. But this was a great one.

And to make up for the long break, here's another:



This isn't much of a video, but it's a great song - "Photograph," Ringo Starr, the #1 song from this week in 1973. If I recall correctly, George Harrison wrote this one, and it is a classic slice of pop that still sounds good today.

No comments: