Monday, November 08, 2010

Surprised He Lasted This Long

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a sports team that I dislike more than the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe the Miami Heat will pass them by the end of the season (it probably depends on how many times that ridiculous commercial runs), but for now and for a long time it's been Dallas.

When the Cowboys hired Wade Phillips, I was pleased, because there was no doubt in my mind that Wade Phillips was never going to take the team - or any team - to a championship. Phillips is a nice guy and has a great football mind, but he's just one of those guys that is better suited to be a coordinator than a head coach.

At 1-7, Jerry Jones really had no choice. But no one should be patting Jones on the back right now, because he never should have hired Phillips in the first place.

No comments: