Sunday, December 26, 2010

Songs of the Year 2010

From now until the end of the year, I'm going to be posting videos of what became my favorite songs of the year.

I think 2010 was the year that I finally allowed the MP3 revolution to overtake the way I listen to music - I've always been an album man, but now the bulk of my listening is on my MP3 player (usually when I'm running), and I find that for the most part I lack the patience to listen through an album in one sitting. That makes me a bit sad, because I think there are still a lot of great albums out there, but when I'm out running, what I really want is variety.

So instead of listing my top albums of the year, I'm going to share my favorite songs - the songs that defined the year for me.

Leading off, the great Johnny Cash, from what I assume will be the last Rick Rubin collaboration that gets released. "Ain't No Grave," the terrific title track from American VI.

No comments: