Friday, May 20, 2011

American Top 40 Flashback - Adele

OK, this one is not a flashback - so sue me.

I've never done this before, but this week's #1 song is good enough that I think it merits a post of its own - consider it the "Flashback" equivalent of ESPN's "Instant Classic."

I first heard this song on the radio a couple of months ago, and it was only because my son was in the car that I was able to find out who it was (the only station I listen to never tells you what songs they are playing, unless you happen to be listening online).

But as far as I'm concerned, Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" has all the elements of a classic single, from beginning to end. I suspect it will sound as good 20 years from now as it sounds right now. Hence, "instant classic."

And so, the #1 song on this date in 2011:

No comments: