Monday, June 13, 2011

Turning Down the Heat

There's all sorts of great stuff over at SI.com today about the failures of LeBron and the Heat, but not surprisingly, Joe Posnanski gets the nod for best piece.

The best single point, however, should probably go to Michael Rosenberg, who wrote the following:

James said after this Finals loss that "I pretty much don't listen to what everybody has to say about me or my game or what I've done with my career," but this is the same guy who tweeted last year, "Don't think for one [minute] that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!" So it's a bit late for him to say he doesn't care.

Hate in sports never lasts forever. At the tail end of his career, I found myself rooting for John Elway in the Super Bowl, even though I had pretty much made fun of him for close to 17 years. So there will probably come a day when I will be able to root for LeBron, and perhaps even be happy that he wins a championship. None of that changes how I feel right now, which is somewhere between "ecstatic" and "joyous" that the Heat got their arses handed to them by a team that indeed did look like they wanted it more.

No comments: