Friday, January 06, 2012

American Top 40 Flashback - The Bangles



Back from the nearly dead, we bring you the weekly American Top 40 Flashback. I'm not sure how much longer it will be around, since I have a feeling that I'm repeating myself. But until I come up with something better and/or more interesting, we'll keep going with this.

I've found that this song, as popular as it was in the day, tends to be polarizing - people either love or hate it. There seems to be very little in-between.

I've always enjoyed it, and in fact, it was the first fast song we played at our wedding reception. And since our 25th anniversary is coming up next month, it seemed like a good idea to start off 2012 with this old chestnut. Plus, I once saw the band live, well before anyone knew who they were.

"Walk Like An Egyptian," The Bangles.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Did you and Debra do "the dance"?

Jeff Vaca said...

She did. I tried.