Monday, May 07, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday, Willie

"In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism. Without one-hundred percent dedication, you won't be able to do this."

- Willie Mays

I meant to do this yesterday, and even had a great picture all picked out from the LIFE Magazine iPad app, but then I was going to have to allow it access to my Facebook page, and who needs that...and then, old guy that I am, I forgot.  Sorry, Willie.  His best days were past by the time I started watching baseball, but I did have the pleasure of watching him in person - and even saw him hit a home run, at Candlestick Park, before they closed up center field - in other words, when it was really cold.

No comments: