Friday, December 28, 2012

Songs of the Year - "Carry On," Fun



Today, I'm going to focus on the songs that grabbed me on the radio.

Up until this year, I wasn't much of a radio listener, but when the tape player in my 1997 Honda Accord (220,000 miles and still going strong, thank you very much) gave up the ghost, I didn't have much choice.  So my listening time is devoted to an oldies station that broadcasts traffic reports every 15 minutes (kicking off the morning commute), and a station without DJs that does a pretty good job of approximating what constitutes today's version of a Top 40 - with some oldies thrown in for good measure, and a nice dollop of listener feedback.

"Carry On" by Fun is one of the songs that never failed to grab me, and one which almost always resulted in my reaching for the knob to turn up the volume.  Not to mention, it's a great song to hear after a long, tiring day at work.

No comments: