In my (lame) defense, two of the books were really, really long: Stephen King's "11/22/63," and Ron Chernow's "Washington." The latter was my personal literary white whale of the year. I began reading it on Memorial Day weekend, with the goal of finishing by Independence Day. July 4 rolled around, and the goal became to finish by Labor Day. September 3 came a calling, and the goal shifted to Veterans Day. A goal that I met - hooray!
- Washington, by Ron Chernow
- Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi
- Stay Close, by Harlan Coben
- Taken, by Robert Crais
- The Drop, by Michael Connelly
- 11/22/63, by Stephen King