Saturday, February 15, 2014

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder...

If you've watched any of the Olympics (or any other recent sporting event, for that matter), then you've probably seen the Reebok commercial that I've embedded below.  The first time I saw (more accurately, heard) it, it immediately grabbed my attention, because I knew I'd heard that song somewhere.

Along with the Adam West "Batman," "Underdog" was probably my favorite TV show when I was in the 6-8 range.  Voiced by Wally Cox, Underdog would battle the forces of evil each week, usually saving his friend, Sweet Polly Purebread, in the process.  They really don't make 'em like that anymore.  And they certainly don't write theme songs like that anymore.

The Reebok commercial:



And the opening of Underdog:



Now...good luck getting the song out of your head for the rest of the day.

No comments: