Thursday, January 04, 2018

Songs of 2017: "The Gold," Manchester Orchestra

I like to think that I'm up-to-date on most of the new bands and music of the day, but every now and then one manages to slip through the cracks.  So even though they've been around since 2004 I'd never heard (or even heard of) Manchester Orchestra, a band I would not have guessed was from Atlanta, Georgia.  Their page on Wikipedia describes them as "an American Indie Rock band," which basically demonstrates the meaningless of that word as a descriptor.

Last summer, someone that I follow on Twitter was talking about how good their new album was, so I figured what the heck, I'd check it out.  And while not all of it has truly sunk in for me, there's no denying that this is one of the best songs of the year.



"The Gold," Manchester Orchestra


No comments: