Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Top 50 Songs of the Decade, #14 - "The Jacket," Ashley McBryde

One of the reasons that I'm determined to keep better notes this year - not quite a diary, but just a set of notes on various things that happen - is that I want to begin making better note of how I discover new musical artists.  I can't quite remember how I discovered Ashley McBryde; maybe it was American Songwriter, and maybe it was Robert Christgau (who gave her 2018 album a B+; I liked it more than that).  The point is, I want to remember.



None of which has anything in particular to do with this song.  You may not have known that I'm a sucker for sentimental songs like this, and this is a great one.  There's little I can add to the story - just listen.

And here is the recorded version, from the album:



Top 50 Songs of the Decade, #14 - "The Jacket," Ashley McBryde.

No comments: