Monday, October 15, 2007

Fun With Google Searches

Ever since I installed Sitemeter, I've enjoyed going through the referral links, figuring out how people got to my site.

Until yesterday, my favorite was the person who got here looking for a Stanford Cardinal blog. Whoops...wrong turn in Albuquerque!

But my new favorite is the person who landed here by googling "Steve Mariucci drink smoke drugs."

For the record, I have no idea whether Steve Mariucci (former Cal, 49ers and Detroit Lions coach) drinks, smokes, or takes drugs. I'd be surprised if he did, but then again I've always been kind of naive about such things. I did think he was a good football coach.

3 comments:

MC said...

I think your opinion of Mariucci's potential substance abuse problems depends on which team you are a fan of really, as alas, I watched his work with Detroit and from that perspective, I can't really flat out say he wasn't doing something on the side.

Jeff Vaca said...

Good point. I always assumed it was Matt Millen's fault, but whatever the cause, clearly things didn't work.

Tom the Dog said...

I actually served Mariucci at a restaurant where he took the Cal captains for team meetings before games. He didn't drink any alcohol that I ever saw, but man, was he a big-time jackass.