Monday, June 09, 2008

How People Find My Site

My favorite thing about Sitemeter is being able to see the kinds of things people are searching for when they land on my site. For instance, who knew so many people were still interested in Skittle-Bowl? I posted about that months ago, and the post still gets hits.

There's another category of search that is difficult to characterize, but essentially have to do with the name of the blog. Some examples of search terms which pointed someone here:

"they going round my head" - that doesn't sound good, but it's not likely that anything they found here was helpful.

"something in my head, in my head oh in my head, always in my head" - I'm thinking this must be a song lyric, but it's not one I'm familiar with. Or, it could be an unfortunate soul who suffers from chronic migraines.

"I always feel rounds in my head why so" - I wish I knew, but I'm afraid I don't even know what that means.

"my head feels like water is running in it" - Man, that really doesn't sound good. I'm sure the person who landed here after typing that left in a worse mood than they were in when they arrived.

"round round round my hair my love is" - In instances like these, a restraining order might be a useful tool.

I'll do this periodically, provided the unusual search terms keep rolling in. Which I suspect they will.

No comments: