Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jeff's Jukebox: C-7



C-7: Shame, Shame, Shame Shirley & Company

Boys and girls, we're in for a real treat today. One of the greatest disco songs of the entire era.

And a video that truly has to be seen to be believed. Now, if you or I was dancing like this guy at a wedding reception after a few beers or glasses of champagne, that would be one thing. But to preserve this on film, that takes some real confidence. And I must freely confess that I once owned a shirt very similar to the one he is wearing here - I'm guessing Qiana, but I could be wrong.

A great historical artifact. I actually own the vinyl album from which this song came, and sometime tonight I will be posting a photo of the cover - definitely one the all-time classics.

Get up and dance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to use these moves at my next dance party.