Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just Another Sunday Night

Bourbon Street was a bit much tonight, even for someone who appreciates the outrageous and the decadent as much as I do. Saints fans had been partying since the game got over in mid-afternoon, and all I can say is that I hope they find their way home. Whereas last night everyone genuinely seemed to be in a positive party mood, tonight there was a weird, aggressive feel in the air. It may have been that it was much warmer tonight, the humidity and stillness combining to make the crowd feel almost oppressive.

It made me think of this Obi-Wan Kenobi quote from Star Wars:

"Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

Of course, I doubt that any of this is going to stop me from going back tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Lori said...

The one and only time I was on Bourbon St, it was filled with anger and several fights and blood and I don't know that I'll ever go back. I'll go to NO, just not Bourbon.