Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recommended

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I want to give my highest recommendation to Michele Catalano's new music blog, "This Is Not Pitchfork." In it, she has embarked on a quest to review every single album in her music collection. It's something I've thought of doing myself, but the task has always seemed too daunting - I can barely keep up with the albums I've bought this year, much less tackle more than 40 years of stuff.

My taste does not always converge with hers (of the first 42 reviewed albums, I only own 15), and my opinions don't always converge with hers, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that she's a great and entertaining writer, which is something you don't always see even in the most popular music magazines of the day.

Check it out. It's also linked on my Blogroll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many albums do you think you own? Do you still have cassettes?

Jeff Vaca said...

I would guess somewhere around 3,000. I have a handful of "original" cassettes - probably about 25 - but a lot (over 100?) mix-tapes that I've made for myself over the years.