Monday, January 12, 2009

0-4

That was my undistinguished record predicting NFL playoff games this weekend, bringing my total playoff record to 2-6. Since I still like to think that I know a thing or two about football, I'm choosing to interpret that to mean that in today's NFL, there really isn't a lot of difference between the #1 seed and the #12 seed. The days when the San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, or Miami Dolphins would enter the playoffs and you just knew they were going to win it all are over.

I have no idea how to pick the Conference championship games. Arizona, after playing like one of the worst football teams in the league in December, is suddenly playing like the best football team in the league. Philadelphia looks fresh and determined. The Steelers look scary good, and the Ravens just think that they can't be beaten.

So I'm going to give these games a little thought, and get back later in the week with formal predictions.

No comments: