Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"The Hangover, Part II"

There isn't a lot you can say about a movie like "The Hangover, Part II." On the one hand, there's no doubt in my mind that the backers of this "Hangover" would have made a greater contribution to the film industry if they'd taken the money it cost to make the movie and instead devoted it to the development of young writing and directing talent.

On the other hand, I laughed my ass off on several occasions. So who am I to argue with success?

But really, anyone going to see the movie should know exactly what they're getting into - and what that amounts to is a carbon copy of the first movie, set in a different locale (Bangkok, instead of Las Vegas), and not quite as funny. Oh, yeah - and there's a monkey.

My favorite part of the movie? Ken Jeong as Mr. Chow, the least likely international criminal you're likely to see this year.

And that's about all I've got on that one.

No comments: