Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Songs of Summer, #7 - "Crazy" (2006)

There are good songs, there are great songs, and then there are songs that are so good that when you first hear them you think they'll last a generation, and later on you think that they'll last a lifetime.  Those are the songs that give you a thrill the first time you hear them, the hundredth time, the thousandth time, and so on.  The songs that are timeless.

Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" is such a song.  Cee-Lo Green could live to 100, recording a song a day, and he'll probably never match this one.  It's that good.

And for me, it always comes down to the opening lines:

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place.


The first time I heard this song was on our first family vacation to Hawaii, during the summer of 2006.  What the heck (ok, I didn't say "heck") was that?, I think I may have asked.

The song of the summer of 2006, and quite possibly the song of the decade: "Crazy," by Gnarls Barkley.




No comments: