Saturday, January 18, 2014

Predictions

Well, so much for the New Year's resolution to write more and read more.  Let's just say the first two weeks of "Work 2014" were a little busy.

You'll just have to take my word for it that last week, I would have gone 3 for 4.  The only game I missed was Denver-San Diego; I really thought the Chargers would pull that one out.

So here goes nothing:

Patriots 28, Broncos 24.  I'm not going to root for this outcome, but I've just got this feeling.  It's unfortunate that this game is going to be a referendum on Peyton Manning's career, but if the Broncos lose, that pretty much settles the "Brady vs. Manning" debate over which one is the greatest quarterback of his generation.

49ers 20, Seahawks 17.  I admit that this is little more than wishful thinking - I really have no idea who will win this game.  The 49ers are playing better right now, but overcoming that historic home field advantage will be tough.  If they don't get out of the blocks with a lead, it's probably all over.

We shall see.

No comments: