Monday, September 17, 2012

95 Songs of Summer, #91 - "I Gotta Feeling" (2009)

If the Super Bowl halftime show counts, I've actually seen The Black Eyed Peas perform live.  Seeing it there, I thought it was fantastic - and was a bit surprised that the show got raked over the coals the way that it did.  I'm thinking that it's one of those "you had to be there" sort of things.

My familiarity with the songs that hit the top of the charts in this day and age...well, for the most part I have no familiarity with them, except to the extent that sons #1 and #2 would play them on their iPod.  But the appeal of The Black Eyed Peas is pretty damn universal, and I do know a great single when I hear one.  And this definitely passes the acid test of great singles, in that all you want to do when you hear it come on the radio is turn it up.

The Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feeling," from the summer of 2009.

 

No comments: