Monday, January 24, 2011

American Top 40 Flashback - "Baby Come Back"

Since I didn't have time to get to this on Friday (that pesky job, you know), why not start off the week with a bit of classic pop?



This is the kind of song that I miss from the old days of Top 40 radio. And no, by that I don't mean that I think this is one of the greatest songs in the history of rock and roll, or that Player was one of the great bands in rock history. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever hearing another song by Player.

But this is a well-crafted, well played pop/rock song, and there will always be room in my memory banks for those. I wish there was room for them on the radio.

"Baby Come Back," Player, the #1 song on this date in 1978.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This put a big smile on my face and took me back to high school. Love that little falsetto at the end. Scary that I can still sing the whole song.