Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Thoughts Leading to a Prediction

First things first - the damn season is just too long. We shouldn't have to wait 37 days since the last games played by these teams for the championship. And even given the potential of this matchup, it defeats the purpose of the game because it's hard to imagine any team performing at its best after a 37-day layoff - even with all of the practices in-between.

I love the Pac-10 and loathe the SEC, but try as I might I can't get that Auburn comeback against Alabama out of my head. That was the kind of game that makes "epic" a meaningful word. Oregon may be a better team than Alabama, but it is just impossible to overlook what it takes to overcome a 24-point deficit against your most hated rival in what, right now, is probably the most heated rivalry in the country.

So I'll be rooting for the Ducks and against my own prediction, but I see the Tigers capping their unlikely perfect season with a 38-31 victory.

No comments: