Sunday, January 09, 2011

Marshawn Lynch!

I've watched it about a dozen times now, and I'm still amazed by the 67-yard run that Marshawn Lynch pulled out of nowhere to seal the fate of the New Orleans Saints this afternoon.

As a Cal fan, I feel really good for Lynch, who has accomplished little in his pro career except getting his name in the newspaper for all of the wrong reasons. I'm not a Seahawks fan and have not been following them at all this year, but I hope Lynch has his life in order and his head on straight.

But no matter what happens, this run is going to live on for years, in highlight reels and on ESPN Sportscenter clips.

And man, I can't imagine what the Saints defense is feeling like tonight. Talk about being exposed - defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will be showing the film of that run for the rest of his career as an example of how NOT to play defense, and how NOT to tackle a running back. And I really feel sorry for Porter, #22, who not only got his arse handed to him, but then proceeded to totally give up on the play. I guess I can't blame him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is weird how that play unfolded and the almost slow motion aspect of it. I was off my feet when it finished. I didn't care about the game at all, but I can't remember feeling more astounded by a one-man accomplishment in a football game. I literally yelled, "what the hell is Hasselback doing there" when I saw him catch up with Lynch after the Porter straight arm. Wow.

CK